Tuesday 4 October 2016

Now You See It Now You Don't

Hello Crafty Friends!

It's Tuesday, and that means it's Inspiration Time over at STAMPlorations. As my DT contribution, I made a special effects card which took days of careful planning .... just kidding ... it was one of the unexpected lucky outcomes ...

I was using my Liquarel watercolours the other day and had some left over which I used to quickly colour some pieces of card. The one I used for today's card was Cyan on linen effect card spritzed with water which gave it a lovely ethereal feel providing me with the inspiration for today's card.


I stamped the Trendy Feathers 2 in white craft ink using my MISTI, added my sentiment from Art Is and stenciled the flying birds from the ARTplorations Some Birds Stencil using this fabulous filler I got from the pound shop.

The magic of this card is that the feathers are only visible in certain light conditions, a bit like Mona Lisa's smile. I tried to take the photos in a way that enables you to see them ...




The more you turn away from the light the easier it is to spot them. This effect might be due to using a linen effect card which makes the pigment ink sit on top whereas the watercolour has soaked into the card stock. Normally the two would combine.

That's it from me for today, pop over to the STAMPlorations Blog for more information and to leave a comment for your entry into their prize draw.

Off to do some work now.
Have a lovely day!

hugs
Monika xxx


here is what I used from the STAMPlorations Shop, remember to apply my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA (not case sensitive) at check out for a 20% discount on their stamps, stencils and dies:

Stamplorations Stamps: Trendy Feathers 2Art Is
preview-SheryRuss_BigTrendyFeathers Shery_Russ-ArtIs-preview

ARTplorations Stencils: Some Birds
preview-web-stencil-037-somebirds

1 comment:

  1. That's a fantastic background and the sentiment is great. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX