Wednesday 5 October 2016

CUTplorations November Challenge

.... or without getting ahead of my self .... October Challenge!

Hello Crafty Friends!

Over at STAMPlorations they have a new challenge ... The CUTplorations Challenge ... It's a monthly challenge requiring you to use die(s) and take inspiration from the monthly changing photo which for this month is ...

 

So what have we got ...

  • light
  • colours
  • lamp
  • curve
  • rays
  • crossing lines

I went with colours against a dark background, curve and tried to hint at the second beam of light coming in at an angle through the placement of my sequins ...




I die cut my black border, created a watercolour panel to match the curve, used inlaid die cutting for my sentiment Thanks and added some sequins. The blending on my white base card didn't go as well as I had envisaged. I have used this type of card before with better results, but not for washes. It could also be that the brush I used was to small. Learning as I go along. :-)


Pop over to the STAMPlorations Blog to see how my teamies interpreted the photo and to link up your entry too. A little birdie told me that you could win some of the word/phrase dies we used in our projects in their random draw.

That's it from me for now.
Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx


here is what I used from the STAMPlorations Shop, remember to apply my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA (not case sensitive) at check out for a 20% discount on their stamps, stencils and dies:

CUTplorations Dies:
Word Die Thanks
thanks-worddie

5 comments:

  1. A lovely and artsy interpretation of the inspiration photo, Monika! Love those curved edges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny, that we both thought of the same dies to use! Love your "rainbow"! What am I going to say - great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that the colours are more layered than blended - more artsy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fantastic, great colours. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX