Friday 10 June 2016

Happy Day

... as I am easing my way back into crafting after the house move.

Hi All,

My room is mainly up and running now and I had to take a break from organizing the house to do some crafting. A little birdie in the name of Shery told me that STAMPlorations are sponsoring the Less Is More challenges in June. As one of them is coming to an end today I thought I'd have to sneak a card in quickly for their colour challenge - Purple.

Here it is:


I was working with STAMPlorations current Stamp Club set called Gone Postal and combined it with the script from Mixed Media Elements and a sentiment from Blossom Overture.

I stamped the postage stamp frame and masked the frame bit before stamping my butterflies in black Memento. I then used Pastel Violet and light Violet Tinge Markers to colour my butteflies and LV1 Spectrum Noir to colour the frame. Next I stamped my sentiment and the script in Elegant Eggplant using generational stamping to create more depth. I finished off with some Elegant Eggplant spritzing, a touch of sivler gel pen on my frame and a gem on my butterfly.

That's it from me for now.

Have a lovely weekend!
hugs
Monika xxx

here are the sets I used:
Gone Postal, Mixed Media Elements, Blossom Overture
preview-SheryRuss_GonePostal copy SheryRuss_MixedMediaElements StampClub-BlossomOverture-preview.jpeg

8 comments:

  1. Fab card! I love the slightly grungey feel from the spritzing and script stamp. The butterflies are so pretty with the colouring inside the frame. Great LIM entry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Monika. Love the idea of the spotlight of colour.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card Monika, great spotlighting technique!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Monika! I'm a sucker for grunge and purple so this is a no brainer. Glad that you found time to craft!! Hugs :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever idea! Lovely images!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super make Monika - I love your masked postage stamp frame, clever and stylish!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monika, this is superb! It really stands out in the LIM gallery!! On a separate note, I'm wondering if you could add "Subscribe by Email" to your side bar so I can subscribe as well as follow and that way I don't miss it when you post. It's one of the gadgets. Let me know if you need instructions and please let me know if you add it so I can come back and subscribe. I'm at darnell dot knauss at gmail dot com and, of course, my blog. Thanks! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty !! Love the color and the splatter

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX