Tuesday 23 February 2016

More Gelli Plate Experiments

Hi All,

back again with another helping of Inspiration. Today I have a card and video tutorial for you which I made as my DT projects for STAMPlorations. First up is my finished card using part of the print from the video tutorial ...


... which I sponged with Pumpkin Pie and Tangerine Tango inks before stamping 'Discover Who You Are' from the Bold Sentiments: Discover set into part of the background. Acrylic ink almost acts like a resist and your dye ink will wipe off it, leaving you with a faded image.
I then added some stamping around the edges using a stamp from the Mixed Media Elements set. Next I embossed my sentiment from the Hope Blooms set and my butterfly from the Blossom Like A Butterfly set in Early Espresso on news print paper, fuzzy cut and edged my pieces using the matching marker pen and attached them to my card.
I used the pen to doodle a partial border, edge an off-cut of the print paper which I attached to my card  before stamping some stitched lines (Patchwork Frenzy: Graphic Squares) across it and finishing off with a gem on my butterfly.

I would like to enter my card at:
Craft Stamper Make it Take It challenge - Text Me! must use script or news print

Below is a short video tutorial on how I created my original print with my Gelli Plate and the ARTplorations Stencil: Bloom Factory ...


For more inspiration pop over to the STAMPlorations blog where leaving a comment will get you an entry into their monthly random prize draw for a $10 gift certificate.

That's it from me for today. I shall be back soon with some more Gelli Plate experiments ... until then ...

Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx

here is what I used in today's projects
Blossom Like A Butterfly, Hope Blooms, Bold Sentiments: Discover,
preview-BlossomLikeAButterfly preview-SRD-HopeBlooms copy preview-STAMPlorations-Discover

Patchwork Frenzy: Graphic Squares, ARTplorations Stencil: Bloom Factory
stmp1041.jpeg preview-web-stencil-043-BloomFactory

Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine tango inks, Early Espresso Stamp'n'write marker, Early Espresso embossing powder, news print paper - all Stampin'Up!
Acrylic Paints - The Works
Gelli Plate and roller - Amazon

6 comments:

  1. This technique is so interesting and I enjoyed watching your video. Thank you for including it. You've inspired me to learn more about this. Your card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely distressed & grungy card. I just adore it! And thanks for your video ... I had an idea what a gelli plate was, but really wasn't 100% sure ... now I am. :-) Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous mixed media card. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX