Thursday 3 December 2015

Gremlins Galore

Hi All,

Been entertaining Gremlins again!!! Yesterday that was, when I was trying to get my Spotlight Project done for STAMPlorations. They must find me being quite a good host, providing them with lots of entertainment ....

Lets show you the finished project first ...


It's not a card, but a little vellum envelope/treat bag/gift wrapping/gift card holder .... I am sure that you'll be able to find plenty of uses.

It was in the process of making this that my little guests got plenty to enjoy themselves on. It started with spritzing the vellum and trying to prevent it from curling up. The idea was that I would pick the spritzed vellum up and nicely place it on a radiator to dry ... bad idea .... as soon as I picked said vellum up ... as by magic ... it rolled itself up tightly ...not exactly what one would like to happen given that it was still wet with ink. Lesson learned: I let my second piece dry in situ.

Punching the vellum to create the little bag was a little tricky, but easy enough. Phew!!!

Next up stamping the poinsettia ... in sepia archival ink on vellum and colouring from the reverse with alcohol markers ... nice idea .... that's if the Gremlins hadn't ad other ideas ... Having never really coloured vellum in such a way, I was rather relying on their co-operation ... What I got was mischief!!! First of all the archival ink too seemed to develop a mind of its own and started blurring and running in some odd way. It's never happened to me before, the stamping on the bag looks pretty crisp. I won't even mention my disaster of reverse colouring, I'm too embarrassed to share it hence I went for embossing and picked up my Apple Red Ultra Fine WOW powder ... or so I thought. What I had picked up instead was a pot of granules looking more at home in a kitchen cupboard than in my craft room .... OOOPS! Did I mention??? I hadn't read the label when purchasing the magazine the powder came with a while ago ... I simply assumed.

Well, as it turns out this WOW Ultra High embossing powder makes your image look as if it was drizzled using thick luscious caramel or chocolate. Not so bad after all.

If you would like to see how my project was made in the end pop over to the STAMPlorations Blog for a photo and video tutorial.

Have a lovely day!

hugs
Monika xxx

stamps I used:
VIGNETTE: Christmas Block, Holiday Sketches: Christmas Flower, Sentiment Builders: Christmas & New Year
stmp1073.jpeg stmp1072.jpeg stmp1074.jpeg
tools used:
Flower Pinch Board - We R Memory Keepers
there is also a little video showing you how to make a similar bag:



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation today I saw this earlier on the blog and loved the use of vellum...x
     { aNNie}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX