Tuesday 1 September 2015

CASEplorations September



Hi All,

Can you believe it, it's already September! Well the good news is that this month's CASEplorations inspiration project by Gail, better known as ionabunny the Crafty Nomad, is sure to raise at least a smile ...


What do you think ... did it make you smile ... or laugh out loud? Well, I burst out laughing when I first saw this cute little piggy. You can find Gail's original post here, check it out.

The question was how do I CASE this magical tag without having Penny, the pig??? I had to get down to basics and look ... what did I see??? I saw Designer Paper, Retro Circles ARTplorations Stencil, three catchy words, distressed edges, sequins, ribbon, an animal, fun and laughter, cuteness, brad, wiggly eyes, tag, die cut and lots of pink.

Here is what I made of it, my second project was the one I made first, and I'll come to that later.

For my butterfly card I decided to use the Artful Flutters set and went with the three  catchy words, Designer Paper, Retro Circles stencil, die cut, sequins and an animal.


I cut a rectangle from DP and sponged the Retro Circles using not quite navy ink. I then black embossed my sentiments, red embossed and fuzzy cut my butterfly, spritzed my white base card with a little gold and die cut the flourish from white Centura Pearl card before layering it all up and finishing off with a gem and some sequins

For my next card I went with stencil, distressed edges, die cut, cute animal and fun hoping that it would at least get an Awwww ... that was until I realized that the set I used hasn't been released yet! Here it is anyway as a little teaser of things to come ...


The set designed by Shirley is called Pets and due to be released this month with a Mini Blog Hop over on the STAMPlorations Blog. The pets and sentiments are absolutely adorable and a really good reason to stay tuned.

I die cut a rectangle from cream textured card, stamped and watercloured (Soft Suede, Sahara Sand) the little dog, stamped my sentiments, all from the Pets set of course, and added a punched bone. I then imagined what it might look like if a boisterous puppy or kitten were let loose in my already somewhat chaotic craft space ... I had to create a mess!!! I did this by sponging the ARTplorations Gridlocked stencil using Sahara Sand and lots of spritzing with Sahara Sand, Early Espresso markers and spritzing tool plus Cardinal Red and Gold spritzing inks. I scrunched up and distressed (Soft Suede) a piece of map from an old diary before layering as see ... and my card was finished.

I hope you'll feel inspired to give CASEing a go this month. You can find the linky at the end of each months Inspiration posts, linking closes on the 5th of the following month, in this case the 5th October.

Back soon with more inspiration.

Have a lovely day!

hugs
Monika xxx

here is what I used:

sets and stencils from STAMPlorations, links are in the above text. Sorry I can't give you a link nor graphic for the Pets set as yet, but will update as soon as it becomes available.

stmp1035.jpeg preview-web-stencil-051-retrocircles preview-web-stencil-038-gridlocked
Pierced Rectangle stax dies by Die-namics
flourish die - Britannia dies
Designer Paper, Not Quite Navy, Soft Suede, Sahara Sand, Early Espresso inks, Sahara Sand and Early Espresso Stamp'n'write Markers by Stampin'Up!
Cardinal Red and Gold Artiste Spritzing inks - docrafts
Black and red WOW embossing powders
White Centura Pearl card - Crafter's Companion

2 comments:

  1. Hi Monika, love your cards. I too had the problem of getting past Penny the Pig so I was glad you mentioned that. Love how you used the retro circles. So subtle. Fab distressed layers with that cute little puppy. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first card is just gorgeous! Love your creative case!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX