Tuesday 14 July 2015

Mellow Yellow


Hello Everybody.

As you've seen, I am back with another fun project for the Spotlight Feature over on the STAMPlorations Blog using their current Stamp Club set The Birds and The Blooms. If you're not a member yet, now might be a good time to join as the July Release stamps have just arrived in the shop at a 10% discount until Friday 17th July, that's this coming Friday. If you are a Stamp Club Member you can use your personal discount code to get another 15% off. If you're interested, check out the Stamp Club here and the July stamps here.

Now back to today's project. Sometimes attaching vellum can be a little tricky given that it is transparent which means any hint of glue will be easily spotted. This is part of the reason why I don't tend to use it often ...
Well, I had a brain wave, I know they are becoming increasingly rare since I hit a certain age ... LOL ,,, but nevertheless they still happen. Have a look ...


I simply stamped and embossed the Black Hooded Oriole and partially fuzzy cut the bird leaving a ribbon like strip which was easily attached on the reverse of my panel before layering on my base card.

It is really quick and easy to make:
  • stamp the sunflower on a piece of white card using two shades of yellow, I used daffodil delight and crushed curry
  • die cut an oval shape from matching card (crushed curry) and layer on top
  • heat emboss or stamp the oriole on a piece of vellum and fuzzy cut leaving a ribbon like strip before attaching to your panel
  • stamp sentiment from the Bloom Sketches set and attach panel to you base card
  • finish off with some doodles. For my first card, which was actually the second one I made, I simply added some dots using a white gel pen. For the card below, I doodled some borders using a black fine liner pen.
I quite like how the natural movement of the vellum adds dimension to this card. It almost looks as if the oriole is turning its head towards you.


TIP!: Embossing on vellum makes for a bolder more striking look and simply stamping gives a softer more subtle look. You can use dye ink to stamp directly on vellum, it just takes a little while to dry.

As always there is a craft along video showing you an easy way of cutting the vellum. It includes a few tips on doodling too.


That's it from me for today. Hope you feel inspired to add a vellum ribbon to your stamped creations. Please share your makes with us over on the STAMPlorations Blog, we look forward to seeing them. Any comments there are very much appreciated, and you will be entered into one of their prize draws depending on which post the comment has been left. See you soon.

Have a lovely day!

hugs
Monika xxx

 thebirdsandtheblooms-web-preview BloomSketches.jpeg

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous background for this stunning bird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just think this is so stately and really lovely. The little bits of white that you dotted throughout create a movement and flow that I find to be quite gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX