Tuesday 30 June 2015

Party Time

Hi Everyone,

You may have noticed that there is a real party atmosphere over at STAMPlorations as we are celebrating their 2nd birthday. I also have quite a few friends who's birthday falls into early July hence i have a couple more birthday cards for you.
First up one for my friend Jo who is celebrating big this year ....


I worked with the ARTplorations Retro Circles stencil for my background which is simply sponged using Crushed Curry and Melon Mambo inks. I then used the ARTplorations Bloom Silhouettes stencil sponged in black and the splashes from the Holiday Artsy set to set the scene for a party atmosphere. The white embossed sentiment from the Party Time set and some sequins finish the look. As you can see it's hot of the press, the glue hasn't even had time to dry ....

Next up is a card I made for our friend John, which I wanted to have a summery feel ...


I used a piece of pre-embossed core-dinations card, think it's called core impressions, for my base, the die cut shapes were a little 'left overs' from a Sizzix die. I used the ARTplorations Honeycomb Delight stencil to sponge a matching background on my die-cut panel, stamped my sentiment from Party Time and coloured it using alcohol markers. I then highlighted a few of the embossed shapes with a marker, layered everything as seen and finished with a few square gems.

For more fun and inspiration pop over to the STAMPlorations Blog. If you feel like CASEing one of the DT's cards made during June, we would love to see your creations. The linky will be open until 5th July.

That's it from me for now, I shall be back again in an hour with my contribution to the Blog Hop Birthday Celebrations.

Enjoy!!

Hugs
Monika xxx

stamps and stencils I used, link are in the text above
preview-web-stencil-051-retrocircles preview-web-stencil-045-BloomSilhouettes preview-web-stencil-018-honeycombdelight.jpeg SheryRuss_PartyTime-web-preview stmp1024.jpeg

melon mambo, crushed curry, early espresso inks, early espresso Stamp'n'write marker, crushed curry card - from Stampin'Up!
pricked rectangle die - die-namics

3 comments:

  1. Love the first card. Those two stencils look fabulous together. Love the black against the brights. I feel a CASE coming on LOL. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two stunning cards, Monika! The two stencils in the first: perfect pairing! The hexagons in the second: pure delight!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of these fab stencils! Lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX